This year there will be several changes in security for MAPIC and access to the Palais des Festivals. Here are details and some useful practical information to ensure a safe and smooth experience for all MAPIC 2016 delegates in Cannes:
The security perimeter surrounding the exhibition venue and halls, which includes the Palais des Festivals conference, screening and event venues, has been expanded.
Access within the MAPIC zone and to MAPIC official events is reserved for badge holders. Please remember that your badge is personal and must not be shared with or given to anyone else.
Other key points:
- You must access the MAPIC zone through Security Checkpoints at various locations on the
perimeter. Please take a look at the Palais map on this document.
- At these Security Checkpoints,
- your MAPIC badge will be scanned and your photograph will be controlled
- systematic bag searches and use of metal detectors will be carried out by security staff
- you will be asked to open and show contents of all packages being brought into the MAPIC zone
- Personal suitcases and large packages must be stored at a Left Luggage facility outside of the
security perimeter. Please take a look at the Palais map on this document for the closest to you.
- Identity controls via your MAPIC badge will be undertaken at all MAPIC official events
outside of the Palais perimeter.
When heading to appointments or MAPIC programme events from outside the security perimeter, please allow yourself plenty of time in order to ensure your smooth passage through the checkpoints.
Once inside the MAPIC perimeter your movements will be free and unhindered.